What We Do
“Develop a client specific profile by assessing a clients footcare needs”
- Treat a client by cutting and filing nails, reducing corns and calluses non- invasively within our scope of practice
- Provide education to clients so they can improve their own foot care to prevent pain and complications (includes assessment of foot wear, aids etc)
- Refer client to relevant healthcare specialties
- Sterilize equipment according to recent Infection Control Guidelines.
Holistic includes the following:
- Medical condition
- Physical and cognitive limitations
- Clients available support (family, care givers)
- Clients goals and ability to comply
Suggested visit frequency will be determined by discussion between nurse and client and can always be adjusted.
In home nursing foot care rates average $75-100.
Services provided by Nurses:
- Interview and history
- Assess feet & nails, ambulation, environment, foot wear, skin condition, circulation
- Education through sharing assessment, talking about prevention/management
Clients should provide:
- List of medications
- Medical history
- Good lighting
- Comfortable chair
*Check with your extended health if they cover “nursing foot care”.
Can be applied to health section of income tax if no other coverage – also state “nursing foot care”.